Saturday, January 21, 2012

All Your Base Are Belong to Us

Victory is mine!


In June of last year, I brought my car to Tuffy Auto Service Center on South Tryon because it was overheating. They replaced the water pump, and while they were at it, they also replaced the timing belt.

Fast forward to November of last year. While my own mechanic was working on my car, he discovered that the timing belt had been installed improperly, and had to be fixed because it was so loose that it could fall off at any moment. I had him do the work, and then I gathered evidence of the improper installation and brought it to Tuffy, and asked for a reimbursement of what it cost me to fix it.

Tuffy told me to take a hike, so I took them to court.... and yesterday, I found out that the judge ruled in my favor!

Let this be a lesson to you, ladies and gentlemen. If a car place tries to screw you over, and you have evidence of their wrongdoing, don't just lay back and take it. You can fight back and win!

Also, as I'm writing this entry, I'm at my friend's house as he watches an episode of an anime called Gurren Lagan. It is the most insane thing I've ever seen. Robots are talking out of their stomachs, explosions are everywhere, there are pilots wearing clown makeup, and every scene, new characters appear at random. Meanwhile, Japanese people are chanting in English in the background. It's all very disconcerting.

No comments:

Post a Comment