Thursday, March 1, 2012

College is going pretty well, despite some setbacks.

My first two semesters back, I made straight A's. This semester, my current averages are an A and two B's, with plenty of room to improve.

I wonder if I'm doing college right, though, despite my good marks. I've only made one new friend from my classes since I returned, and I barely speak to her anymore. I've heard that college is supposed to be the time to make the best friends of your life and have fun, but I'm not doing that.

Then again I'm not sure I want to do that. Is it possible that I've moved past it? I already have plenty of friends, and I'm a fair bit older than most of my classmates anyway. The only thing I feel is missing from my social life is a girlfriend, and most women in college are too young or immature for it to be worth it.

Then again, I hear networking is a vital tool to use in college, so I'm a little torn. I guess if I do choose to socialize, it should at least be with groups that might be beneficial in a networking capacity. Otherwise I'll probably just keep to myself and wait for someone interesting to come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment