Friday, February 24, 2012

111 days to go

I watched "500 Days of Summer" last night. Very good movie, and realistic in all the important places.

Through the whole thing I found myself constantly thinking back to Hybre, and wondering if the real reason she broke up with me is because she just didn't have those feelings for me (as opposed to my theory that she felt too strongly for me and got scared).

No, I would then think to myself, The situation was different with her. Just because it happened that way in the movie, doesn't mean that's how real life is.

Isn't that always how it is, though? The one whose heart is broken always comes up with reasons why things were different, and rationalizes ways that they can win her/him back. Maybe sometimes they're right, but I bet that a lot of the times they're wrong.

So here I am, waiting for Autumn.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you'll find yourself a different Summer. One worth sticking around. I wouldn't mind if Summer stuck around!

    ReplyDelete