Monday, February 13, 2012

No witty title this time

When I made this blog, it wasn't intended to be a sounding board for all the moody thoughts that have no place on Facebook, but that seems to be how I've been using it lately. Here's more fuel for that fire.

My dad is in the hospital. He fell five times in three days at Rosewood (his assisted living home). The first time he busted his head badly enough that staples were needed to close the wound. The second time was another ER visit because the fall reopened the head wound.

He fell three more times the next day without obvious injuries, but he was acting strange and. confused, so they sent him to the hospital again and that's where he is now. The doctors did a CAT scan which turned out normal; today theyre supposed to do an MRI, and they think his elbow is cracked so they'll look into that too.

This has been distressing for me. Between his failed attempt to move out on his own and all these hospital visits, my father has been dejected, confused, lost, and despondent, and I can't shake the fear that he could die soon.

That leads to the feeling that I should do something to help, but there's very little I can do except for getting him declare incompetent so he can't try the moving-out stunt again, but the problem is that I have so much going on that I don't think I can handle that process right now.

I asked my brother if he could help me out by going through that process himself, and that's when he revealed to me that he has basically disowned our father and wants nothing to do with him anymore, even going as far as to say that he didn't care even if our dad died. That would be his business, if not for the fact that this makes life much harder for me because I CAN'T abandon my dad like that; it would go against the very fiber of my being.

Meanwhile, I told my mother about the situation, and she decided to write an email to my dad's sisters, who have been almost no help for the entirety of my dad's disability, and she gave them a piece of her mind. This has the potential to start a nasty family feud which I really would rather not be a part of.

On top of all this, I'm still working full time and still going to school full time, and I have an interview for an adult job tomorrow, and it's Valentine's Day and I'm alone, and holy shit what the hell am I doing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you've been having such a rough time. :(

    You really do need more support from your loved ones. They really need to be there for you.

    ReplyDelete