Friday, February 17, 2012

Plastic bag in the breeze

I can't sleep. My mind is full, but for once it's not full of worry or negativity.

I'm in one of those moods where I'm overwhelmed by how awesome life is, and how grateful I am for everybody, and my desire for everyone to live happily ever after together.

I know that everyone can't live happily ever after. But it's nice and comforting to feel pure, unbridled optimism.

I think this came from finishing up Season 8 of Scrubs today, and seeing the final scenes of the episode - first where JD is walking through the hallway, lined with bit-players and guest stars from the show's past, each spouting their own quips and one-liners, and then where JD sees his ideal future played out on a projector screen in front of him, and it's extremely beautiful and moving - is what did this to me. I've sort of been drifting around on cloud 8 and a half since early afternoon today, and nothing has happened to break my mood. I don't even care that I'll be kind of sleep deprived in the morning (I guess because there's not much I can do about it).

So, future-me, or anyone else, if you ever come back and see this, remember that life is beautiful, and you have to realize that at least sometimes. Also remember that there's no better feeling than making someone else feel genuinely good, and having them genuinely appreciate you for it.

2 comments: